Wednesday 9 February 2011

PUPEK


There is something about the Arab prayers beed that has always fascinated me in many ways. It is not only the religious and mental connection to peace and joy that they linned with, lets say it´s spiritual sence, but also their physical touch. They are made of wood, stones, plastic, bones... In my collection of necklaces BABEL I am really enjoying making these so called "pupeks". By the way...that takes me to think that I have to start introducing my collection BABEL...

Los rosarios árabes siempre me han parecido una preciosidad de objeto. No solo por su conexión religiosa y espiritual hacia la felicidad y el bien estar, también por su estética. Se hacen de materiales como madera, piedras, cuentas, huesos...Entre las piezas que estoy creando de mi colección BABEL me encanta sumergirme en el mundo de los llamados "pupeks". Me doy cuenta que tengo que empezar a contaros más sobre esta colección...

No comments:

Post a Comment